Member Orientation Class
Next Member’s Orientation Class
Sign-up sheet will be in the church foyer.
For more information, contact Cynthia or Wendell
Click here to enlarge Member Orientation
Members Orientation (formerly New Member’s Orientation) Class
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 1 Peter 2:9-10 (NASB)
How does the Member’s Orientation compare and fit with the Pastor’s Discovery Luncheon and Pastor Counseling for Baptism?
Pastor’s Discovery Luncheon
• Opportunity for folks new to our church to learn more about the church.
• Get to know the Pastor in an informal setting.
• Learn about our basic beliefs.
• Truly an opportunity for discovery.
Pastor’s Counseling for Baptism
• One-on-one counseling by the Pastor to be certain the baptismal candidate understands the ordinance of Baptism
• One-on-one counseling by the Pastor to be certain the baptismal candidate is ready to undertake the ordinance of Baptism.
• Truly a time of personal discovery in the New Life in Christ.
Member’s Orientation (Formerly New Member’s Orientation)
• Now that I have been Baptized now what? Or maybe I am still considering Baptism.
o If you have publicly identified with the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus our Lord in your Baptism, the goal is to help you get started in your new adventure of Life in Christ.
o If you are still considering baptism the course will help you better understand the reasons behind this ordinance of the church.
• The course covers three topics:
o Learning about our church
Our Core Values
Biblical Answers about Baptism
o Serving at our church
Spiritual Gifts: An Overview
Discover Your Spiritual Gifts! by Gene Wilkes
Spiritual Gifts Survey
Score Your Survey
Graphing Your Profile
Spiritual Gifts Survey: Final Thoughts
o Growing in our church
How to Grow in My Faith
How to Share My Faith
Understanding My Faith
I have been a member for years. Why would I want to attend a member’s orientation class?
• Having attended and knowing the course content would enable you to be an encourager to future new members attending.
• God’s Word in inexhaustible. Even a familiar theme like baptism may yield a fresh newness of insight from Him.
• Looking afresh at your spiritual gifts can be of immeasurable value no matter how long you have Walked with Christ. I can testify I had new insights into my gifting from this session.
• We all continue to grow in Christ. He may use this tool to help you in your walk and growth.
All members of the church are invited to attend the course which was first offered the Fall of 2016. If it has been awhile or if you have never studied about your spiritual gifts you are most welcome to attend those sessions in particular.
So, please, come!
Bro. Barton, Deacon